This soup is so divine your friends and family won’t believe you made it in minutes.
All those beautiful Thai flavours in one bowl. Coconut, Kaffir Lime, Coriander, Chilli, and of course a hint of Tamarind to bring balance and a depth of flavour.
It is elegant enough for a dinner party. Or add thinly sliced chicken and rice noodles it makes super quick dinner. Add as much heat as you would like.
You will need:
- 400ml can of coconut cream
- 400ml Chicken or Vegetable stock
- 5 Kaffir Lime leaves each ripped into 4 pieces
- 1 tsp grated fresh ginger
- 1 tblsp fish sauce
- 1 tblsp Jenny’s Kitchen Tamarind Chutney (we used ‘Hot’)
- ½ small Cauliflower (or Broccoflower), florets sliced
- 1-2 small red chillis
- 2 tblsp lemon or lime juice
- Coriander leaves
To prepare your Soup:
Bring the coconut cream, stock, Kaffir Lime Leaves, ginger, fish sauce and chutney to a gentle simmer. Add the Cauliflower and bring back to a simmer, cooking only until the Cauliflower is just tender. Take off the heat and add the chilli and the lemon juice.
Serve in bowls and sprinkle with Coriander.