on August 15, 2018
soft melted cheese, rich with the flavours of tamarind and orange. This is a
fireside winter favourite!
wheel of Camembert (or Brie) boxed or unboxed *
cheese looks lovely in its wooden box, but you can use unboxed Camembert (or Brie) too
handful of pistachios
- 1 teaspoon orange zest
tablespoons Jenny’s Kitchen Tamarind Chutney (we used Medium)
sprig of rosemary (pick the leaves off)
- Unwrap the cheese and discard the
- Score the top of the cheese with a sharp
knife, making shallow cuts across the top 1cm apart, then rotate the cheese and
score in the other direction, to make a cross hatched pattern.
- Place the cheese into the lower
portion of the box if you have one, then onto an ovenproof tray, or directly
onto the tray if your cheese did not have a box.
- Spread the Jenny’s Kitchen Tamarind
Chutney over the top.
- Bake at 180°C for around 10-15
minutes. But watch it carefully as you want the cheese softened but not melted.
Baking time will vary depending on the age and softness of the cheese etc.
- Remove from the oven, and place onto a
serving dish. (You can remove the cheese from the box if you wish, or leave it
in the box). Top with the pistachios, orange zest and rosemary.
- Serve with crusty bread or crackers