Oozing soft melted cheese, rich with the flavours of tamarind and orange. This is a fireside winter favourite!
You will need:
- 1 wheel of Camembert (or Brie) boxed or unboxed *
- *The cheese looks lovely in its wooden box, but you can use unboxed Camembert (or Brie) too
- A handful of pistachios
- 1 teaspoon orange zest
- 2 tablespoons Jenny’s Kitchen Tamarind Chutney (we used Medium)
- A sprig of rosemary (pick the leaves off)
- Unwrap the cheese and discard the plastic/paper packaging.
- Score the top of the cheese with a sharp knife, making shallow cuts across the top 1cm apart, then rotate the cheese and score in the other direction, to make a cross hatched pattern.
- Place the cheese into the lower portion of the box if you have one, then onto an ovenproof tray, or directly onto the tray if your cheese did not have a box.
- Spread the Jenny’s Kitchen Tamarind Chutney over the top.
- Bake at 180°C for around 10-15 minutes. But watch it carefully as you want the cheese softened but not melted. Baking time will vary depending on the age and softness of the cheese etc.
- Remove from the oven, and place onto a serving dish. (You can remove the cheese from the box if you wish, or leave it in the box). Top with the pistachios, orange zest and rosemary.
- Serve with crusty bread or crackers