Exotic Duck and tangy Tamarind combine beautifully, in these 'oh so pretty' canapes. Add a leaf of coriander and a slice of chilli to create these drop dead gorgeous but so easy canapes.
Our 'Hot' Jenny's Kitchen Tamarind Chutney works well with the richness of the duck.
You will need:
- ½ a cooked BBQ Duck* (available from Asian stores or restaurants)
- * or substitute a cooked duck breast, or cooked pork
- 1 skinny Telegraph cucumber (or 2-3 smaller Lebanese cucumber)
- 2 Tablespoons ‘Hot’ Jenny’s Kitchen Tamarind Chutney
- 1 bunch of fresh coriander
- 1 large fresh red chilli
To prepare your Canapes:
Shred the flesh of the BBQ Duck, taking care to remove the fat and the bones. (These can be simmered to create a fragrant stock for an Asian style soup.)
Mix the duck meat with the Jenny’s Kitchen Tamarind Chutney.
Slice your cucumber into approximately 7mm rounds. Place a coriander leaf on each, ensure each leaf extends past the edge of the cucumber so it can be seen once the meat is placed on top. Spoon a teaspoonful of the duck and tamarind mixture onto the centre of each, and top with a fine slice of chilli.
Refrigerate until ready to serve. Makes 40-60 small bites (depending on the diameter of the cucumber).