A zingy and fresh slaw that works beautifully alongside any barbecue meats. You won’t want a heavy mayonnaise laden coleslaw ever again.
- 2 carrots grated or sliced into fine strips on a mandoline
- ¼ small cabbage finely slice
- 1 small red onion finely sliced
- 1 large bunch of coriander chopped (leaves and stalks)
- ¼ cup roughly chopped mint leaves
- 2 spring onions
- 1cup roughly chopped roasted peanuts
- 1 tblsp chopped ginger
- 1 tblsp ‘Hot’ Jenny’s Kitchen Tamarind Chutney
- 1 tblsp peanut oil
- 1-2 limes, juiced
- 1 tblsp fish sauce
To make your slaw:
Lightly toss together the vegetables and herbs, peanuts and ginger, and keep chilled.
Shake together the remaining ingredients in a small container.
Mix through the slaw immediately before serving, and garnish with extra herbs and peanuts.