Our Fish Tacos with Tamarind Mayo are healthy, fresh, zingy and absolutely totally delicious!
You will need: (Serves 4)
½ cup mayonnaise
3 tablespoons Jenny’s Kitchen Tamarind Chutney (we used 'Hot')
1/2 red onion, thinly sliced
2 avocado, diced
2 tomatoes, diced
1/2 cucumber, diced
2 cups shredded cabbage
1 red chilli, sliced (optional)
700g white fish fillets
2 tablespoons flour
2 tablespoons taco seasoning
Salt and pepper
2 tablespoons cooking oil
12 small tortillas
A handful of coriander, chopped
- Make the Tamarind Mayo, by mixing the Tamarind Chutney and Mayo in a bowl.
- Place in another bowl the red onion, avocado, tomato, cucumber, cabbage and red chilli if using. Season with salt and pepper and squeeze over with lime. Mix to combine.
- Combine rice flour and taco seasoning in a bowl, season with salt and pepper. Cut fish fillets into pieces about 3cm thick, and toss in the seasoned flour until lightly coated.
- Add oil to a large frying pan. Add half the fish, taking care not to overcrowd the pan, and fry for 2 minutes until golden. Turn fish pieces over and cook the other side. Remove from pan and repeat with the rest of the fish. Squeeze lime wedge over fish.
- Heat tortillas by placing the tortillas one at a time on a hot skillet for 10 seconds on each side. Stack on a plate and cover with a tea towel to keep warm.
- To serve, lay out the tortillas on a bench or board. Load with veggies, 2 pieces of fish and coriander. Spoon over with tamarind mayo.