Prawns, cream, wine....tamarind. And don't forget the Parmesan. Sometimes we feel like a little dine-in
You will need:
- 400g dried pasta
- 400g shelled prawns
- 3 tbs butter
- 250g bag baby spinach leaves
- 4 cloves garlic, sliced
- 1 cup cream
- 1 cup dry white wine
- 3 tbs Jenny’s Kitchen Tamarind Chutney
- Parmesan cheese
- Salt and pepper
- Place the pasta in plenty of salted boiling water and cook until al dente and drain. You’ll want the pasta to be ready at the same time as the prawns.
- In a large pan, heat butter until melted. Add garlic and sauté on medium heat for 2 minutes until lightly golden. Add wine to the pan and simmer about 5 minutes or until reduced by at least half. (Don’t rush this bit otherwise your sauce will be too runny).
- Stir in Jenny’s Kitchen Tamarind Chutney and the prawns. Stir for 4 minutes, until prawns are just cooked.
- Add spinach and cream and bring heat down to a simmer. Once the cream is incorporated and spinach is wilted, add cooked pasta. Stir to combine, allowing the pasta to soak up the creamy sauce.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper. Divide into 4 plates or bowls and top with parmesan.