Delicious. What more can we say? Except perhaps healthy, fresh, zingy and absolutely totally delicious!
Ingredients (Serves 4)
tablespoons Jenny’s Kitchen Tamarind Chutney (we used 'Hot')
red onion, thinly sliced
cups shredded cabbage
1 red chilli, sliced (optional)
white fish fillets
tablespoons taco seasoning
tablespoons cooking oil
handful of coriander, chopped
- Make the Tamarind Mayo, by mixing the Tamarind Chutney and Mayo in a bowl.
- Place in another bowl the red onion, avocado, tomato, cucumber, cabbage and red
chilli if using. Season with salt and pepper and squeeze over with lime.
Mix to combine.
- Combine rice flour and taco seasoning in a bowl, season with
salt and pepper. Cut fish fillets into pieces about 3cm thick, and toss in
the seasoned flour until lightly coated.
- Add oil to a large frying pan. Add half the
fish, taking care not to overcrowd the pan, and fry for 2 minutes until
golden. Turn fish pieces over and cook the other side. Remove from pan and
repeat with the rest of the fish. Squeeze lime wedge over fish.
- Heat tortillas by placing the tortillas one
at a time on a hot skillet for 10 seconds on each side. Stack on a plate
and cover with a tea towel to keep warm.
- To serve, lay out the tortillas on a bench or board. Load with
veggies, 2 pieces of fish and coriander. Spoon over with tamarind mayo.