Warming and aromatic...this easy vegetable curry will feed the whole family.
You will need:
- 2 medium kumara (600g)
- 2 tablespoons cooking oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 4 tablespoons Jenny’s Kitchen Tamarind Chutney
- 1 tablespoon curry powder
- 4 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
- 2 cans chickpeas, drained (400g)
- 1 can coconut cream (400ml)
- 1 can diced tomatoes (400g)
- 1 cup vegetable stock
- 1 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 a broccoli, cut into florets
Plus to serve:
- A handful of chopped coriander leaves
- Cooked basmati rice and/or naan bread
To Prepare your Curry:
- Peel the kumara and cut into 2 cm chunks.
- Heat cooking oil in a large sauté pan or pot, add chopped onion, Jenny’s Kitchen Tamarind Chutney and curry powder. Fry for 3 minutes, stirring regularly until onion just starts to soften. Stir in the kumara and garlic, fry for a further 5 minutes.
- Add chickpeas, coconut cream, diced tomato, vegetable stock and salt. Stir to combine and bring to the boil, then reduce heat cover with a lid and simmer for 20 minutes. Remove lid, stir in the broccoli florets, turn up heat to medium and cook uncovered for 5-10 minutes until the broccoli is just cooked.
- Season to taste and scatter with chopped coriander. Serve with basmati rice and/or naan bread.
Recipe easily serves 6