Beautifully cooked fish sits atop spinach and creamy coconut tamarind rice.
You will need:
- 1 cup rice
- ½ packet baby spinach leaves
- 2 white fish fillets (eg
gurnard or terakihi)
- 400ml can coconut cream
- 3 tablespoons Jenny’s KitchenTamarind
Chutney (medium or whatever heat you have on hand)
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce
- Salt & pepper
To prepare your Fish Florentine:
Preheat your oven to 220°C
- Cook the rice and drain it.
- Place the spinach in a sieve
and pour over boiling water, and drain well.
- Place the rice in a greased
baking dish (so it is 3-4 cm thick).
- Place the well-drained spinach
- Lay the fish fillets over the
spinach, in an even single layer.
- Mix the chutney into the
coconut cream with the fish sauce.
- Pour over the coconut mix and
season with salt and pepper.
- Bake at 220°C for 15-20
minutes, or until the fish is cooked, which will depend on its
Recipe serves two, but can be easily stretched with more fish and spinach